Pesticide Regulation under FIFRA Practice
Data Compensation under FIFRA Practice
The Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) is a complicated and often misunderstood law. Its critical importance to the food and agricultural sectors of the global economy knows no bounds, however, and the business of pesticides is central to those sectors' successes.
The FIFRA product approval process is protracted, and often challenging, for any given product. Further complicating matters are the ensuing -- often expensive -- data, recordkeeping, and advocacy requirements associated with obtaining FIFRA product approvals. The strategic planning that is critical to global product development requires a combination of skills, including legal, scientific, business, and policy experience.
The legal and scientific professionals at Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) know the law well, and know how to use it to achieve competitive advantage for their clients. B&C professionals have it all and are well-suited to assist innovators to monetize their creations and to guide new and existing registrants and follow-on registrants in these complex legal, policy, and commercial challenges.
Our FIFRA/FQPA Services
B&C professionals routinely advise clients on a full range of FIFRA issues, including registration, reregistration, compliance, and defense. Our FIFRA work includes the following:
Product Registration, Reregistration, and Registration Review –
Assist clients across registration, reregistration, and registration review issues, such as:
- Pesticide Registration Improvement Extension Act (PRIA 3) matters
- Reregistration Eligibility Decision (RED) and Registration Review decision documents
- California and other state registration requirements
- Assist clients across registration, reregistration, and registration review issues, such as:
- Counsel clients on compliance matters, including those affecting marketing materials and claims, product production requirements, recordkeeping and reporting requirements, and data submission requirements
- Train client personnel, from management to sales and marketing personnel, on FIFRA compliance
- Counsel clients on product promotion that is U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) compliant
- Address legal issues affecting product marketing under EPA's treated article exemption
- Assist clients in obtaining EPA approval of expanded claims for products
FIFRA Enforcement –
- o Defend products in enforcement matters involving, among other issues: labeling, export/import, and experimental use permits
- o Defend products in proceedings involving, among other issues: Notices of Intent to Suspend, cancellations, and special reviews
- Data Compensation (see practice page)
EPA/FDA Dual Jurisdiction Issues
More information is available regarding the practice areas of B&C, and its affiliated international consulting firm Acta. Click on the links below:
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C.
Biobased Chemicals and Biofuels
Chemical Regulation under TSCA
Pesticide Regulation under FIFRA
Pesticide Data Compensation under FIFRA